What I've Been Reading


This is our first Saturday of "What I've Been Reading", and we are excited to start this weekly blurb about the interesting books we've read in the past week!

The book that has had the greatest impact on me this week was The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson.

The Healer's ApprenticeWhat a great read this was! I have been waiting for it to come out since late August and I was so excited to receive it in the mail! I read the whole book that day; I couldn't put it down! You can watch the trailer here, but it doesn't get even close to what the book is about and how deep it is; the trailer is only a mere page of the book! The story of Rose and her life in the medieval period was really good! It was neat to see how she lived and how women were to act back then, and I was so glad to see how steadfast Rose was in her beliefs! I also was pleased to see how faithful Lord Hamlin was to his betrothed, a lady in hiding he had never before seen or met. His quest was to find the man who had threatened to harm her when she was born was quite heroic, even though he had never met her! I would warn young readers, though, to take caution when picking up this book as there is some minor suggestive content. The cotent was necassry for the story and I in no way frown upon the author for adding it, but it may not be suitable for young readers. All together, I highly suggest this book as it was VERY good!


Another book I've read this week was Allison's Journey, which I recently posted a review on.


Allison's Journey: Brides of Webster County, Book 4 (Truly Yours Romance Club #23)Another amazing book! Wanda Brunstetter is a really good Amish-fiction writer. I've read nearly every book that she has written, but this is one of my favorites! I felt like I related to Allison in so many ways, though I have the skills of a homemaker already, thank the Lord. :-) We both would rather be fishing or playing a sport than in the kitchen, and both of us enjoy fellowship with just about anybody. This books was good to read and I'd encourage you to try to find it at your local library or bookstore!

I recently start a book called Blessings by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I haven't gotten far into it at all, but here's the synoposis.


Blessings: Sommerfeld Trilogy #3 (Truly Yours Romance Club #19)
One Young Woman with a Tender Heart and Healing Touch Struggles to Find Her Way. . . .

Trina Muller has always had a passion for healing abandoned and injured animals. Her parents encourage this tenderness towards God’s creatures until Trina confesses her dream of going to veterinary college. They can’t understand why she won’t accept that God’s will is for her to be a wife and mother?
 Graham Ortmann loves Trina, but how can he possibly marry someone who is determined to go against the dictates of the Old Order Mennonite fellowship?
 Trina can never be happy if she is outside of God’s will for her life. But which life will she choose—one with Graham or one in pursuit of her heart’s calling?

Looks like an interesting book to me! I've only gotten about a chapter into it, but so far it's looking good!


And for our last one, I've started The Crossroad by Beverly Lewis.


The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads #2) I've already read the first one in the series; The Postcard , and enjoyed that one too. Though, in my opinion, The Postcard wasn't her best, it was still enjoyable to read and I would probably read it again if I had the chance. The Crossroad is looking about the same; not a stay-up-all-night read, but a good read nonetheless. Phillip Bradley has returned to New York after his adventure in the Amish community of Lancaster County. He is glad to return to his family and friends, but he can't seem to forget about the way of life in the Amish community...or a blind woman named Rachel Yoder.
Rachel Yoder's mother is glad when that outsider named Phillip leaves their community, but you widowed Rachel and her daughter cannot say the same, and begin to feel that life is a bit less exciting without Phillip around. When Phillip returns to Lancaster County after researching Rachel's hysterical blindness, the two reunite and Phillip begins to wonder if they have a chance.
So far it's a great read! It you're interested in reading this book, you can get it here for less than $6!

Well there you have it! That's what I've been reading this week! I'd encourage you to pick up one of these books and begin reading! All of these books are worth the time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman