What I've Been Reading

Wowza! I've read a LOT in the last two weeks, and started several recently, also!


Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska Series, Book 1)Last week I read Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson, which turned out to be one of my new favorite books. I very much enjoyed the story and I highly encourage you to read it! I loved how the romantic actions(kissing, hugging, etc) took place after marriage rather than before as they do in many book nowadays. :-) If you are interested in reading the book, go HERE and get it for less than $6!





The Heavens Before (Genesis Trilogy)I also read The Heaven's Before by Kaci Barnett-Gramckow, which Katy was kind enough to let me borrow last time I was in town. This easily made it to my top 5 books and possibly my #1 favorite ever. Definitely the most beautiful love story I've ever read, and I loved the history. It was very unique and took place in the time of Noah's flood. It was really cool to read about how it might have been for people who lived back then when the flood came. I HIGHLY encourage you to read this book! It was AMAZING! :-) Purchase it HERE!



No Place for a Lady (Heart of the West Series, Book 1)No Place For A Lady was another book I managed to get through this week. It was a good book with an interesting story! After the death of her father Crystal leaves the troubles of her Georgia life behind to visit her aunt's cattle ranch. Being raised as a Southern belle makes foreman Luke Weber doubt her ability to brave the wild west, but with a little determination Crystal ends up enjoying her life in the west...and her time with Luke. It was cool to see how it might have been for a young city girl to have to live in the west all the sudden back then. I enjoyed the story and would encourage you to read it too! If you enjoy a nice western romance, No Place For A Lady is the book for you!


Tahn: A NovelAnother book I read is Tahn by L.A. Kelly. What a book! It was full of adventure, peril, forgiveness, redemption, and with just a touch of romance it made the perfect story! ;-) I loved reading about Tahn and his heart wrenching childhood history which left him scarred as an adult.  I couldn't help but smile to myself as I watched him walk through the rest of his life in search of a merciful and loving God. Lady Netta made the story all the better! If you enjoy GREAT stories that take place in the medieval times, capture your attention, and touch your heart, than this is the book for you! Buy Tahn today for less than $2 used here!!


Vigilante's Bride, TheI also read The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris. That was an interesting story about former vigilante Luke Sullivan, who had decided to cease being vigilant and return to his home. Luke never intended to “rescue” Emily; he simply wanted the money Axel had cheated his father out of years ago. However, when Luke sees Axel’s fiancĂ©e, he knows Emily has no idea of the kind of man she is about to marry, which leaves Luke with only one option: take Emily with him.
It was a good book with a nice story. If you like a western romance with a hint of adventure throw into it, you'll enjoy The Vigilante's Bride!

 

Making Waves: A Novel (Lake Manawa Summers)Another book I read was Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad. I really enjoyed reading this book! I loved the story and how it taught the importance of honesty! You can read my review HERE.
It's 1895, and spunky Marguerite Westing is thrilled to discover that her family will summer at Lake Manawa! Escaping her boring suitor, Roger, Marguerite stumbles upon two new loves---sailing and her instructor, Trip. But when her father's gambling threatens to ruin them all, will she marry Roger to save her family's name and fortune?
I highly encourage you to read this book! It was really good and will stay on my shelf for a good while! :-) Buy this book for just $10 HERE!

They Called Her Mrs. Doc (Women of the West #5)I started and have almost finished They Called Her Mrs. Doc by Janette Oke. It has been a very touching story so far about a young women named Cassandra who marries a new doctor and chooses to follow him west as he begins to set up there. But the hardships of being the doctor's wife were more than she expected, and Cassie begins to wonder if the life as Mrs. Doc, what the locals begin to call her, is one she will be able to live contentedly.
I haven't finished it yet, but so far it is a nice and sweet story! Purchase They Called Her Mrs. Doc HERE!



Love Finds You in Calico, CaliforniaAnd last but not least, I have begun and am quickly getting throughLove Finds You In Calico California! I am really enjoying this book! After hearing news of a silver strike in Calico, California, Abigail Watts packs up her needles and thread and follows her beloved father out West. But when she’s suddenly left alone in the rough mining town, Abigail finds herself pressed into a marriage of convenience with the local livery owner, Nathan Hawk. Determined to uncover the mystery surrounding her father’s death in the mines, Abigail agrees to stay in Calico. But when the truth sets her free, she must decide whether to leave the town - and Nathan - for good.
It has proven to be a wonderful story so far and I am really enjoying it! I'd encourage you to read Love Finds You In Calico California!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman