What I've Been Reading

Hello readers! Today I have a nice stack of books to bring ya. Still less than normal, but I have finished up my school now and graduate one week from today, so I have more reading time now! :) Here are the books I've read in the last two weeks!



Deadly Ties: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center)Borrowed from my reading companion and co-author of this blog, Katy, was Deadly Ties; an awesome book that I picked up after hearing much praise of it from Katy. This book did not disappoint in the least! I enjoyed every moment of the suspenseful story, wondering what twist was coming next. 5 stars for this one! I definitely recommend this book - it is one that will not disappoint!




Sir Dalton and the Shadow Heart (The Knights of Arrethtrae)Next I read Sir Dalton by Chuck Black. Once again, I was whisked away into Black's medieval-set world after only reading a few pages. While I didn't find this story as gripping as his Kingdom series, I've heard that the next book in the Knight series, Lady Carliss, is exceptional so I look forward to reading that one. These books are great for all ages and each one has easily obtained 5 stars from me. Definitely keep an eye out for these books!




The Reluctant Detective: A Novel (Faith Morgan Mysteries)
Following that, I read The Reluctant Detective, which you may have seen the review for in Thursday's post. It was a book that I was quite disappointed in. You can read the review below and get my full take on it. :)






The Lightkeeper's Ball (A Mercy Falls Novel)Following that, I read The Lightkeeper's Ball, and yet another 5 star favorite was added to my shelf! (wow must've been a great week - three 5 stars, and I don't give out 5 stars easily! lol). This was an awesome book that I really loved! Katy and I read it together and both fell in love with the characters, trying to figure out the mystery as we read along. It was an awesome book - definitely recommended!





In the Shadow of Evil



And finally, last night I finished In The Shadow of Evil. Excellent book that really kept my attention. I knew who the culprit was by 1/3 of the way through and kept reading, eager to find out if my sleuth skills were accusing correctly - and they were! ;) Definitely a keeper!


Well, it's a beautiful day today so I am going to head outside! Y'all have an enjoyable day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman