What I've Been Readin'

Hey all! Today is my turn to bring you the list of books I have read over the last two weeks. It isn't too long, but I'm afraid it's because I've had a really crazy week and the book I am currently reading is pretty big and daunting! lol

Darkness FollowsFirst off, I read Darkness Follows. This is the first book I have read by Mike Dellosso, but it will NOT be my last! It was awesome! I already have a review up for it, you can read it HERE. I am a big fan of Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti and Mike Dellosso's writing and story plot was very similiar to theirs. If you like Dekker or Peretti, I recommend Dellosso to you!



The Lightkeeper's Ball (A Mercy Falls Novel)Then I picked up The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Cable. Ever since I saw the cover I knew I wanted to read this book. I was NOT disappointed! It was amazing and sooo unpredictable. I was so surprised along the way. You can read my review of this book HERE, but I recommend it highly!!



The Heiress (Heartsong Presents, No. 899)The Heiress by Laurie Alice Eakes is the sequel to The Glassblower and was just as good. I loved the story that Laurie presented with the young heiress and wanting to find a purpose for her life. My review of this book can be found HERE.



EragonI borrowed Eragon, by Christopher Paolini, from Kait the last time she came up here with high recommendations. It lived up to my expectations for adventure and lots of action but, for me, was a little heavy on magic. But I know I am probably in the minority when I say I don't care for lots of magic and spells in a book, so other fantasy fans would no doubt LOVE this book. The adventures were awesome!



Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill)Then I picked up another book Kait let me borrow--Love's Assignment by Cara Lynn James. What a fun read! I really liked the heroines position -- sent to spy on the preacher and then finds her job distasteful. I found it very hard to put down and finished it quickly, which is always a good sign for me! You can find Kait's review of the book HERE.



Night of the CossackLast I read Night of the Cossack by Tom Blubaugh. I haven't written a review for this yet, but should have it posted sometime next week. This book was a really enjoyable read and I found it very interesting learning about the Cossacks and the adventures of Nathan. It's amazing how, just from one night's crazy experience, his whole life changed. 


Well, there you have it! :-) See you in two weeks for more books I've finished!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman