What I've Been Reading

Hey there readers! Today is the first What I've Been Reading since Christmas, and actually it's a pretty sad amount of books for the past month, but Christmas vacation kept me busy! So here is the list of books I've read. Enjoy! :-)


An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology
An Amish Love by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long was a sweet series of stories. I really enjoyed the first one, though the second and third didn't interest me as much. I did like them all - the first was just my favorite. :-) I would encourage you to read this 3-in-1 if you enjoy sweet Amish love stories. Buy it




Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio

I also read Love Finds You In Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller. This story did not find favor in my eyes, but I am sure it could in others. I just didn't enjoy the story that much and thought Rachel was too independent. But, that's just me. :-) You can read my full review here and purchase this book HERE!





When All My Dreams Come True (Colorado Runaway Series)When All My Dreams Come True by Janelle Mowery was another that made it onto my list. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it. I liked the western setting with action, mystery, and romance thrown in. I enjoyed learning about  Bobbie and Jace's lives. I encourage you to purchase this book when it's released on February 1st!







From a Distance (Timber Ridge Reflections, Book 1)Another book I read is From A Distance by Tamera Pierce. I was stuck by the beautiful cover, but was not so pleased with what I found within it's pages. Though the story was good and there were sweet moments, along with ones that make you hold your breath as you wonder what the outcome of the situation will be, I found the story somewhat slow and drawn out. I still am glad I was able to read it, though, it just won't be added to my favorites. I'm sure there are many out there that would enjoy this book a lot, and for those of you who enjoy a romance with a few actiony(I'm don't think that's a word but oh well. lol) parts than I encourage them to read it 


Valeria's CrossValeria's Cross made it onto my reading list and I'm not sad it did. I really enjoyed reading this book, though I must point out that I would only recommend this to older teenagers and adults, as there is some suggestive content(a.k.a a guy taking off his robe on his wedding night before his wife. It simply says she dropped her eyes for a moment but then was comfortable and found him handsome. It then skips to him putting oil on her back, and then that is then end of it. Macias and Wales did a good job of keeping it limited, but I myself did not find the scene all that necessary. That being said, caution is to be advised when placing this in a young childs hands. :-) ) Ok wow that was a long precautionary. Lol. But anyway, it was a great book that took place in Rome in the 3rd century. The history was wonderful to read.
Purchase this book HERE!

Havah: The Story of Eve - A Novel
Havah, the story of Eve by Tosca Lee was another amazing book that has gained a permanent place on my shelf. I really enjoyed reading this, though once again I through caution out to young readers. Though Lee never says it, we all know what apparel Adam and Eve wore before they ate the fruit(wink) so it is suggestive, but I was very happy with out Lee handled the apparel(or lack of, lol) that Adam and Eve wore and kept it indescriptive. :-) Well done, I say. If it had the same effect it had on Katy and me - we read it at the same time - than you will be pondering the life of Eve for days after finishing the novel.
I encourage you to purchase this book!

Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill)
I also read Love On Assignment Cara Lynn James. This was a sweet love story that made it to my collection. I enjoyed the setting, as it was in Newport, RH - a place I once lived and have little appreciation for, though it seemed much more charming set back a hundred years of so. :-) I would encourage this book to anyone who enjoys a simple and sweet love story. Buy this book HERE!




Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska Series, Book 1)
Last week I read Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson, which is a reread from 2010. I very much enjoyed the story, hence me rereading it, and I highly encourage you to read it! I loved how the romantic actions(kissing, hugging, etc) took place after marriage rather than before as they do in many book nowadays. :-) If you are interested in reading the book, go HERE and get it for less than $6

4 comments:

Charity U said...

I enjoyed reading about all of these! Thanks for the warnings. :) I'll have to check and see if the library has some of these books. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you read and review on things like Historical fiction and non fiction events? I gave up romance novels and am looking for some books pertaining to that genre.

Unknown said...

Anonymous - Thanks for commenting. Though we don't categorize our reviews here, I, Kait, do on my review blog. Though I am just starting to review on a regular basis, you can start finding some reviews in the genre you're looking for in my Historical Fiction label - http://reviewsbyjane.blogspot.com/search/label/Historical%20Fiction

I would also love to suggest some authors to you. Authors like Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, Chuck Black, The Collins, Lynn Austin, and Kathi Macias are some great authors out there that might just write the types of books you are looking for. I hope this helps!

Katie Marie said...

Anonymous,

Just as a quick add on to Kait's comment, you can also check out my review archives for Historical Fiction. Just go to www.katysreviews.blogspot.com and on the righthand side you will see my labels where you can easily find reviews.

~ Katy

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman