Book Review - Dawn's Prelude

Newly widowed Lydia Sellers discovers that through an unforeseen fluke, she is the sole recipient of her husband's fortune. But instead of granting her security, it only causes strife as her adult stepchildren battle to regain the inheritance for themselves. Lydia, longing to put the memories of a painful marriage behind her, determines to travel to Alaska to join her aunt. Lydia's arrival in Sitka, however, brings two things she didn't expect. One is the acquaintance of Kjell Bjorklund, the handsome owner of the sawmill. Second is the discovery that she is pregnant with her dead husband's child. What will this mean for her budding relationship with Kjell? And to what lengths will her stepchildren go to reclaim their father's fortune? Lydia soon finds her life - and that of her child's - on the line.






Romance:


Violence:



Fear/Horror:


Overall Opinion:



WOWZA! What an AMAZING book! The cover itself is stunning, and the story within was just as beautiful. Tracie Peterson amazed me Dawn's Prelude; filled with peril, tense scenes, and sweet moments. I was instantly captivated and couldn't put it down - even the recent reread I did of it kept me hooked until the last page. Not only was it an amazing story, but it was also very unique - something every reader loves.

The story was very clean, having only a few things that need to be pointed out - the first being Lydia's previous abuse. Lydia's was forced into a marriage before the story begins and treated Lydia terribly, even beating her many times, making her miscarry several children. None of the abuse is in any way described, but it is a memory she has and it is known he was a cruel husband.
Another thing to point out is that Eve, Lydia's daughter-in-law, almost as an affair with another man. Though I can't explain much because it will spoil the book a bit, suffice to say nothing was in a scene except kissing and the guy trying to persuade her to run away with him. The only thing it mentions is that she thinks to herself that she almost gave her body to the man. But, nothing ill takes place and I was very happy with the content.

Another thing I was extremely happy with was that, besides and simple and quick kiss, there are no embraces, kissing, etc before marriage - I was very pleased about this!

All around, this is an incredible story that I very highly recommend you read. :-) Buy Dawn's Prelude HERE!




3 comments:

Renee said...

I'm so glad to know this book was worth a WOWZA and exclamation points. I would hate for it not to live up to the gorgeous cover! I missed grabbing this book when it was free for Kindle. I keep hoping I'll find an inexpensive copy :)

Charity U said...

Oooo, sounds like it's a good book! I'll have to check it out.

MaureenT said...

I think I would almost buy this book for the cover. The story sounds really good. Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman