In A Book - Blink

Hello readers! I am happy to be announcing that we are starting a new bi-weekly post titled "In A Book". We will be rotating it with our regular book discussions, which have been moved to Mondays. So here I go, writing the first post in this new series! Let us know what you think! :)

The Book:


For this week's In A Book, I am choosing to enter Blink by Ted Dekker.




The future changes in the Blink of an Eye . . . or does it?
Miriam is a Saudi princess promised to another, a pawn in a political struggle that could shift the balance of power in the Middle East.
Seth is a certified genius with a head full of numbers, a life full of baggage, and an attitude born on the waves of the Pacific.
Cultures collide when they find themselves thrown together as fugitives in a high-stakes chase across Southern California. A growing attraction and a search for answers fuel their fight to survive . . . but with no sleep and a massive manhunt steadily closing in, their chances of surviving any future are razor thin.

The Character:

I would choose to enter as Miriam, the very involved secondary character. 


My Reasonings:


The reason I would choose this book if I was able to enter any book I wanted was because it was fast paced and exciting. I would choose to be Miriam because I loved her character. Strong and courageous, she knows what she wants and she goes for it. She also is in danger...surely I wouldn't want to be in danger...but she's got kind and loving Seth at her side who, what do ya know, can see events before they happen. Who wouldn't want to be with this guy?! I also found that I was similar to Miriam in quite a few ways, and I think that if I was to meet Seth in person I would have very similar conversations with him. Seth had a sense of humor, which I know I would love because I myself have a huge sense of humor(just ask Katy. :P)
I've always wondered what it would be like to take a step into the life of a Muslim girl and Miriam, being Muslim, was perfect. She was just a very interesting character who would be fun to be.
While danger lurks around every corner and men are out for her life, I still think that with Seth at my side, I would be happy to be Miriam. 


So there you have it! There's our first In A Book post! What book would you choose to be in and why?


This post was written entirely for fun and does not suggest that we want to be any other person than who God made us.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman