Book Discussion - No Greater Love part 2

1) Andrew cares more about Chioma's life than his own and willingly lays down his life for her. Do you have anyone that you love enough to lay down your life for without a second thought?

Oh goodness yes...I would lay down my life for any one of my many little brothers, parents, or friends. John 15:13 says "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.". I think when we truly love someone with God's definition of love that we automatically would do anything to keep them from harm. Jesus Himself laid down His life for His sheep.(John 10:15).


2) Chioma is unsure that the methods the Freedom Fighters use to gain freedom is acceptable. Killing masses of missionaries, women, and even children to make a point seems wrong and cruel to Chioma.  How would you feel about joining a group that commited such acts to gain freedom they deserved?

Yikes...that's hard, but I cannot say that I would find that acceptable; no matter what the circumstances. Jesus' commands us to turn the other cheek in Matthew 5:39. Now, that doesn't meet role over and let someone beat you up, but killing the innocent just to prove a point?? I cannot see myself justifying that. I'm sure there was some other way to make a statement rather than unjustly murdering people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman