What I've Been Reading

Good morning, readers! Today I have a nice stack of books to bring ya! :)
Spring for Susannah
Spring For Susannah made it's way onto my reading list last week. It didn't take me long to get through this unique and sweet story. There were a few things in this book that bugged me, but overall I enjoyed the story. You can find my full review here! :)





The Priest's Graveyard


Following that I read The Priest's Graveyard. While this became Katy's favorite Dekker, I did not enjoy it as much as previous I've read by him; but it still is keeping me hooked and easily obtained 5 stars.  Definitely keep an eye out for this one!







KissWhile I had planned to read The Soldier's Cross directly after finishing The Priest's Graveyard, but when Kiss came in the mail, I couldn't help but indulge myself! WOW! What a book! I was a little apprehensive about reading this one because while I absoultely love Ted Dekker, Erin Healy is far from a favorite of mine. But I was pleasantly suprised by the amazing adventure I went on when I dove into this book. DEFINITELY a keeper!



Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His


After that I sat down and in only 14 hours started and finished Praying For Your Future Husband by Tricia Goyer and Robin Gunn. This was an EXCELLENT book that I really enjoyed and highly recommend to all single women out there. You can read my full review here!




Shattered: A Daughter's Regret (Secrets)

Then I picked up Shattered by Melody Carlson. I'll be honest and say I didn't like this book to much for a number of reasons that you can find out in my review here.




The Soldier's Cross


Following that I read The Soldier's Cross. This was a nice book to read that held my attention throughout the story. While I did find some of it a bit unrealistic, the history in this book was very informative and enjoyable, and easily received 4 stars. This is definitely one I'd recommend to historical fiction lovers out there! The writing itself was very nice. :)




The Healers Apprentice

And lastly I reread The Healer's Apprentice, which I thoroughly enjoyed rereading. I enjoyed it a lot and once again I found myself whisked away into Rose's world. I definitely recommend this one to teenagers around 14 or 15 and up. :)






That's what I've been reading! What have you read recently?

2 comments:

Charity U said...

Now I want to read "The Healer's Apprentice..." :)

Oh, btw, I'm going to email you soon about winning! It's very exciting. :) Soon I will!

Unknown said...

Charity - its a great book! Make sure to read it whenever you get the chance! :)

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman