What I've Been Readin'

Well, while I didn't get much read two weeks ago, I have had a very good week these past few days. :-) My average is about 2-3 books per week, and often I don't make that. But! I read some really good books this past week that I just couldn't put down!! :-D


Come to MeThe first one was Come to Me by Laura Davis. I reviewed this book for FIRST and have to say, I enjoyed my journey back in time. The way it was written was really fun and interesting - I enjoyed getting to know a few of the disciples through their times with Mary as she recounted her stories. If you want to read my review, you can find it HERE.


 Lady in the Mist: A Novel (The Midwives)Lady in the Mist is the first book I've read by Laurie Eakes, and she is now a favorite author of mine! :-D Her story instantly captured my attention and I grew very attached to Tabitha and Dominic! My full review can be found HERE, but I highly encourage you to get it. You can find it on Amazon.com for only $10.


 The ConfirmationThe Confirmation by Ralph Reed was an interesting read. A legal thriller, it keeps up the pace throughout the story. I wouldn't recommend the book to younger teens, as there are a lot of scandals and people using what they can to get what they want. I explain more fully in my review, HERE. But for an adult, you might really enjoy this fictitious thriller that hits pretty darn close to home at times.


 The SnowflakeNext up was the sweet story, The Snowflake. Written by Jamie Carie, this little book took less than a day for me to read, but I so enjoyed it. The title completely threw me off - I thought it was a warm, cozy read about a family's Christmas, or something like that. But in truth, this is a story about survival. Hiking across the frozen grounds of Alaska in the dead of winter, ?? is just focused on surviving till they reach ??. But what does she do when she gets there - a young woman, alone in the world? You can read my review HERE!


Heart of Stone: A Novel (Irish Angel Series #1)I just got this on my Kindle App and the cover was so inviting that I just had to sit down and read it. Heart of Stone by Jill Landis was an amazing read. It's about hidden pasts and how your sins will always catch up to you, so it's best to face them head on instead of continually running from them. It might not be suited for a younger reader - as the girls 'hidden' past was that she was sold into prostitution until she was able to buy her freedom. But Jill dealt with it very well and I found no problems with it. This book is certainly on my favorite's list! :-)


The BrotherhoodAfter that I picked up The Brotherhood by Jerry Jenkins. Wow. What a read! Boone's trials were so personal and heartbreaking! I don't want to give it away, so there isn't must I can say about the book. But you can read my review of it HERE. I highly recommend this book!


WordsWords by Ginny Yttrup was such an emotional journey. As I read about Sierra and Kaylee's sad stories, my heart went out to them. Especially Kaylee's. Reading about the tortures she endured - to the extent that she had lost her voice - was heartbreaking. I have 6 little sisters under the age of eleven, and I can't imagine any of them having to endure what Kaylee did. This book is certainly a wake up call to what is happening to countless children out in the word. Because of the issue's faced in this book, I wouldn't recommend this book to younger readers. My review for this is coming. :-)


Angel Sister: A NovelAnd lastly, I just finished Angel Sister by Ann Gabhart last night. Life during the depression was hard, for many people. This peak into what it would be like to live in one of those small towns during this time was interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Merritt family! Next week, on my own personal book blog (Legacy of a Writer) I will be posting the review for this book, so do stop by! :-) This is the first book I have read by Ann Gabhart, but it now makes me want to read all her other ones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photo credit: Lori Warman